Moores Support Sustainability
At Moores we are continuously striving to minimise our carbon footprint & manage our waste through the 5 ‘R’ principles – Remove, Reduce, Re-use, Recycle & Recovery. We are passionate about protecting our environment & creating a sustainable future.
Below are just a few of the ways that we are honoring our duty to creating a sustainable future.
- Moores have produced zero waste to landfill since 2011.
- 25% of Moores company car fleet are plug in hybrids, emitting up to 46% less greenhouse gases than similar cars running on diesel or petrol.
- Net zero emissions target – we have removed 43% of our carbon impact since our 2014 baseline, equating to 86% of our net zero carbon target of 100% in just 5 years.
- 1624 Smart LED lights installed within our storage and production areas, creating an annual energy saving of 750,000 kWh.
- Fixed delivery dates have seen a reduction in vehicle mileage of approx 250,000 miles per year.
- We have recently undertaken a project with the Supply Chain Sustainability School to incorporate the ‘Kaizen Method’ in to our ways of working. Please click below to watch the case study in full.