Today marks the beginning of ‘Zero Waste Week’ 2020. At Moores we are continuously striving to minimise & manage our waste through the 5 ‘R’ principles – Remove, Reduce, Re-use, Recycle & Recovery.
Below are just a few of the ways that we are actively reducing our waste & supporting this initiative:
- Waste Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) is sent offsite & used as biofuel for power generation.
- Pallets & MDF pallet tops – used to protect fascia’s, are sent back to the fascia manufacturer for reuse.
- Packaging used to protect Moores products is fully recyclable.
- Moores segregate all paper & cardboard which are compacted in a bailer & sent off site for recycling.
- Zero-production waste has been sent to landfill since mid-2011.
Proud to be Moores!